Do You Want to Swim with the Fishies?
Experience the thrill of snorkeling in our shipwrecked coral reef themed, Mermaid Tank environment and have the unique opportunity swimming alongside tropical fish, playful stingrays, and even sharks! Who knows, you might see a mermaid! We will provide all necessary gear, including a snorkel, mask, and a snorkeling vest. It's an adventure you won't forget!
Engage with a variety of species of marine life that live right in the Gulf of Mexico!
You have the chance to embark on an extraordinary adventure at Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter. Immerse yourself in a vibrant ecosystem that mirrors the natural beauty of a coral reef. Our Snorkel Encounter offers a unique opportunity to dive into our Mermaid Tank, allowing you to become a part of the thriving marine environment. It's an unparalleled way to connect with marine life and witness the wonders of the underwater world firsthand. This experience promises both unforgettable moments and valuable insights into our planet's marine ecosystems.
What to Expect Before During, & After Your Snorkel Encounter:
It is advised that you arrive 15 minutes before your encounter to ensure that you get the fullest experience. All participants will be required to fill out necessary waivers
10 Minutes: Sign waivers and releases, meet and greet with one of our aquarists for a short, educational session on some of the species that you may encounter during your Snorkel Encounter to listen to and answer questions.
15 Minutes: Rinse off, change into swimsuit, and receive instructions from your aquarist.
20 Minutes: Get ready for your adventure by collecting your snorkel gear. You’ll go through a check of your snorkeling equipment with one of our aquarists. Then, you’ll step into the water from our platform and embark on your exploration of the vibrant Mermaid Tank habitat, where you’ll have the chance to interact with an array of tropical fish. While cameras are allowed on deck, they are not permitted in the water. Your friends and family can capture moments of you from the main gallery window while you're engaged in the experience.
10 Minutes: Debriefing with your aquarist. Exit Mermaid Tank, remove swimsuits, hand over snorkeling gear, shower off, dry off and redress into dry clothes.
Your Snorkel- Encounter Includes:
• Exclusive behind the scenes access to journey into our Mermaid Tank.
• The use of snorkeling equipment for a safe swimming experience.
• Guidance from one of our expert aquarists during your in-water Snorkeling Encounter.
• A once in a lifetime opportunity to interact with a variety of tropical marine fish, stingrays, and sharks!
• Showering facilities are available to rinse off before and after your encounter.
Before making a booking your experience, kindly review all available options and their respective requirements:
• Participants must be 7 years or older and comfortable in and around water (A parent or legal guardian must be present on our dry deck if participant is between the ages of 7-12 years old who is participating in the Snorkel Encounter.). A paid adult observer is required for all child participants under the age of 13.
• Participants should provide their own swimsuit, towel and dry clothes.
The Snorkel Encounter program has some specific physical requirements:
• For the safety of all participants, those engaging in any of our Encounters should have the physical capability to swim unassisted, navigate stairs, ladders, and slopes at the entry and exit points. Swimmers needing assistance with dressing must arrange for their own support.
• Our swim vests are suitable for guests with a waist measurement of 59.5 inches (151cm) or less, and a weight of up to 400lbs (181kg). Please note that guests are not permitted to bring personal gear that surpasses these size limits.
To ensure a smooth experience during your encounter, we kindly request that all participants arrive prepared for swimming. Please wear appropriate swimwear and make sure you have showered prior to remove any lotions, excess body oils, suntan, or similar products. This helps maintain a clean and enjoyable and safe environment for everyone as well as our marine environments.
You must be present and checked in Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter 30 minutes prior to your encounter start time. Waivers will be required to be filled out prior to your encounter.
Your Snorkel Encounter will last approximately 30-40 minutes.
Up to 2 participants Per Encounter Maximum
$95.00 per participant
Includes Aquarium Admission of Participant. A Paid Adult Observer is Required for all Child Participants under the age of 13.
**Prices Do Not Include Sales Tax or Booking Fees