Have You Dreamt of Becoming a Mermaid or Merman?
Dive into the extraordinary with the PADI Mermaid Course at Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter in Lecanto, Florida!
A Magical Opportunity To Become A Mermaid And Swim In The Aquarium!
Have you dreamt about becoming a mermaid? Experience the enchantment of swimming as a mermaid in our captivating underwater realm. Join us for a mermaid adventure like no other, where you’ll be provided with a stunning mermaid tail and all the necessary equipment for your aquatic journey. Glide alongside tropical fish, playful stingrays, and even graceful sharks. And who knows, you might even meet a real-life mermaid!
Why choose us? Mertailor offers not just a course, but an immersion into an enchanting world crafted by a leader in mermaid tail design. Our expert PADI certified mermaid instructors ensure a safe and unforgettable experience, guiding you to master the art of mermaiding. Unleash your inner mermaid with Mertailor and forge memories that shimmer forever.
What to Expect Before, During, & After Your Mermaid Encounter:
Please arrive 15 minutes before your encounter to ensure that you get the fullest experience. This is a scheduled opportunity and late arrivals will not receive extended opportunities. All participants will be required to fill out necessary waivers.
Step 1: Introductions, briefing, and instruction with one of our mermaid instructors.
Step 2: A guided tour of the Aquarium and Tail Matchup, which includes a behind the scenes tour of the Mermaid Tank and of Mertailor’s facility.
Step 3: Safety briefing with your mermaid instructor(s) and safety deiver(s).
Step 4: Demonstration of how to fin a tail, how to put on a tail, and how to take off tail.
Step 5: Briefing on your Mermaid Tank swim. Our mermaid instructors will explain and demonstrate how to properly swim, swimming to the window and discuss the basics of appropriate breath holding techniques.
Step 6: Mermaid photo shoot time! Don a mermaid tail and take the spot light!
Step 7: Getting ready for tank swim. This time will include rinsing off in our showering facilities and dressing into swim attire.
Step 8: Get into the tank, swim and play time! Time to test out that monofin and mermaid tail.
Step 9: Receive your certificate of completion, a group photo, and discussion on the various PADI certifications and Encounters that we offer here at the Aquarium, including, our exclusive “Tank Mermaid Certification” (Coming Soon).
Your Mermaid Encounter Includes:
• Exclusive access to our mesmerizing Mermaid Tank.
• The use of a stunning mermaid tail and all necessary equipment for a safe and magical mermaid swimming experience.
• Expert guidance from our mermaid instructors during your aquatic adventure.
• A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to interact with a variety of tropical marine life.
• Mermaid makeover with mermaid bling and accessories (Out of water).
• Mermaid photo shoot to capture the magic.
• Showering facilities available for your comfort.
Before making a booking your experience, kindly review all available options and their respective requirements:
• Participants must be 7 years or older and comfortable in and around water (A parent or legal guardian must be present on our dry deck if participant is between 7-12 years old). A paid adult observer is required for all child participants.
• You need to be in good physical health and comfortable in the water. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
• All necessary equipment, including goggles, is provided. Participants should bring their own swimsuit, towel, and dry clothes.
• Unfortunately we do not allow outside mermaid tails or costuming for this experience.
• Note: Our mermaid tails are available up to size XXXL.
• Up to 4 participants per experience.
The Mermaid Encounter program has some specific physical requirements:
• For the safety of all participants, those engaging in any of our Encounters should have the physical capability to swim unassisted (float), navigate stairs, ladders, and slopes at the entry and exit points. Swimmers needing assistance with dressing must arrange for their own support.
To ensure a smooth experience during your encounter, we kindly request that all participants arrive prepared for swimming. Please wear appropriate swimwear and make sure you have showered prior to remove any lotions, excess body oils, suntan, or similar products. This helps maintain a clean and enjoyable and safe environment for everyone as well as our marine environments.
You must be present and checked in Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter 15 minutes prior to your encounter start time. Waivers will be required to be filled out prior to your encounter.
Your Mermaid Encounter will last approximately 90 minutes.
Up to 2 Participants Per Experience
- Adult: $250 per participant
18+ Years Old
- Teen: $225 per participant
13-17 Years Old
- Child: $195 per participant
7-12 Years Old
Prices Include Participants Aquarium Admission. A Paid Adult Observer is Required for All Child Participants.
**Prices Do Not Include Sales Tax or Booking Fees