Experience the opportunity to swim as a mermaid in our tank!
Are you a fellow "certified" mermaid, merman, or merperson looking to experience a swim in a real performance tank? Consider this your invitation to Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter! Our specially built tank is full of graceful marine life, beautiful decorations, and a glass wall for all your performance needs. Bring a photographer (Commercial photography and videography restrictions apply, contact to discuss), bring a dance, bring anything you would like to do in our tank - and don’t forget your biggest smile! You’ll have your pick of Mertailor Fantasea Fins and Whimsy Tails to don as you enter our tank, a trained safety diver by your side, and an experience unlike any other.
Make your dream of swimming in a performance tank real!
An exclusive offer for certified merfolk, come swim in our beautiful tank for fun, photos, and more! A perfect opportunity to show off your skills and gather content!
What to Expect Before During, & After Your Mermaid Tank Dive:
It is advised that you arrive 15 minutes before your encounter to ensure that you get the fullest experience. All participants will be required to fill out necessary waivers
Step 1: Welcome, introductions, safety briefing, and planning. This is where we will discuss with you the rules, go over any plans for photography, what props you may or may not bring into the tank, etc,.
Step 2: A guided tour of our aquarium and its many facilities, including a behind the scenes look into our tail shop just beyond the walls of our public aquarium. This tour includes tail matchup time, where you can pick what tail and fin you would like to use in our tank.
Step 3: Briefing on your tank swim – rules, what to do and what not to do. A plan out of any pictures, videos, or routines you would like to perform.
Step 4: Tank time! You will have up to 30 minutes to swim in the tank.
Step 5: Take a final photo and enjoy watching one of our daily mermaid shows as the aquarium opens to the public!
Your Mermaid Tank Dive Includes:
- Exclusive behind the scenes access to journey into our Mermaid Tank.
- The use of a mermaid tail and Fantasea Fin for a safe swimming experience.
- Guidance from one of our expert mermaids during your in-water experience.
- Tank time! You will have up to 30 minutes to swim in the tank.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to interact with a variety of tropical marine fish, stingrays, and sharks!
- Showering facilities are available to rinse off before and after your swim.
The use of cameras or recording equipment in the tank is not allowed. However, you're more than welcome to use these devices in front of the viewing area of the tank.
Before making a booking your experience, kindly review all available options and their respective requirements:
- Participants must be 7 years or older and comfortable in and around water (A parent or legal guardian must be present on our dry deck if participant is between the ages of 7-12 years old who is participating in the Experience Mermaid Tank Dive.).
- You need to be in good physical health and comfortable in the water.
- All necessary equipment, including goggles, is provided. Participants should provide their own swimsuit, towel and dry clothes.
- All interested in this program must have either a mermaid certification or a free dive certification through PADI, SSI, or NAUI. Certification card(s) required for proof prior to starting your experience.
- Please note that guests are not permitted to bring personal mermaid tails or monofins, these will be provided for you. Note: Our mermaid tails are available up to size XXXL.
The Mermaid Tank Dive program has some specific physical requirements:
- For the safety of all participants, those engaging in any of our Encounters should have the physical capability to swim unassisted, navigate stairs, ladders, and slopes at the entry and exit points. Swimmers needing assistance with dressing must arrange for their own support.
- The ability to swim with your legs bound in a mermaid tail and monofin.
To ensure a smooth experience during your experience, we kindly request that all participants arrive prepared for swimming. Please wear appropriate swimwear and make sure you have showered prior to remove any lotions, excess body oils, suntan, or similar products. This helps maintain a clean and enjoyable and safe environment for everyone as well as our marine environments.
You must be present and checked in Mertailor’s Mermaid Aquarium Encounter 15 minutes prior to your encounter start time. Waivers will be required to be filled out prior to your encounter.
Your entire experience will last approximately 60-90 minutes.
Up to 2 Participants Maximum
$175.00 per participant
*Includes Aquarium Admission and the use of Whimsy Mermaid Tail and Fantasea Fin
**Prices Do Not Include Sales Tax or Booking Fees